Saturday, December 20, 2008
I usually go with Excederin, but will take whatever is available if I have a headache.
2. Have you gotten up-to-date with a flat screen HDTV?
Yes, we got a 42" flat screen LCD HDTV in January and it is awesome, especially compared to our old 27".
3. Have you honked at anyone lately?
Yes, last week I was leaving a gas station and a car started backing out of the parking space. I honked for about 5 seconds, but the teenage boy in the car continued to back right into me. No damage done. He "was looking for a quarter he had dropped". He is lucky my Tahoe is like a tank. In a smaller vehicle that quarter could have cost him s great deal.
4. What is your favorite household product?
I don't really have a favorite, but if anyone is marketing a robot that does the cleaning for you, let me know.
5. What is the earliest you've gotten up this week and why?
I got up at 5:15 to get to work a little early and get some things done before the school day started.
6. Do you travel out of town for Christmas?
No, we stay close to home and I like it this way.
7. Have you been listening to Christmas music? (Favorite?)
Yes. Gracie is obsessed with Jingle Bells, so we listen to it over and over and over in the car (seriously, nothing else). My favorite is probably the Steven Curtis Chapman song Home for Christmas (it reminds me of my grandmother).
8. When do you exchange gifts with family?
Gracie gets to open pajamas and a book on Christmas Eve, the rest is opened on Christmas morning.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Well, since I skipped out on the work Christmas party, I guess technically none. We will have a variety of family gatherings to attend, 5 in all.
2. What is your favorite dish to take to a party?
The easiest thing I can find. Usually a cheeseball mix of some sort.
3. When you're at home and your feet are chilled, do you wear socks or houseshoes?
Socks. My favorite pair is soft and fuzzy with stripes. I received them as a gift and have not been able to find another pair that I love as much.
4. What are your plans for this weekend?
Scrapbooking on Saturday, all day. Church on Sunday and probably some school work.
5. What is the most expensive Christmas gift you are buying for your children this year?
Gracie is getting a "chichen" kitchen.
6. Do you have a family portrait made each year?
No, we had one made in December 2006, but I plan to have one next year. I also plan to lose a few pounds first.
7. Do you drive your kids around looking for decorated homes?
Gracie is really interested in "ights" lights this year, so we probably will look for some. We will also be taking her to the Kentucky Horse Park where they have a lights display you can drive through each year.
8. What is your least favorite thing about cold weather?
I hate being cold period, but I think my least favorite thing is getting into a cold car.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- Salvation and God's grace in my life
- My patient, loving, hardworking, husband
- My precious baby girl
- Hugs and kisses from my baby girl
- Being called "momma"
- My sister whom I love very much
- My niece who I admire and adore
- My parents
- My inlaws and extended family
- A babysitter who loves my daughter and who my daughter loves
- A good job
- A few close friends who love me
- My home
- More than enough food to eat : )
- A church interested in sharing God's love in real ways
- Scrapbooking and the people I have met while doing so
- Mountain Dew
Friday, November 7, 2008
Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, Jon and Kate Plus 8, and a few Food Network shows
2. Do you have a facebook page?
Yes and I really like it. I have reconnected with several people.
3. How old were you when you got married?
I was 26 and Eric was 30. We both had a career and had been on our own and I think we were more ready for marriage than we would have been.
4. What is one bad habit that you need to break?
Biting my nails
5. What is your favorite cold-weather activity?
I love the holidays and playing in the snow with Gracie.
6. At church, do you always sit in the same area?
7. What do you like best about blogging?
I like that it lets you get to know others better. I wish I were better at it, so that I could meet more people. I really like to read the funny stuff Tina posts.
8. What's the last funny thing you remember hearing from a child?
One of my students told me today that he didn't follow my instructions because he was yawning and sometimes he can't hear when he yawns.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Not that I know of!!!
2. Are you in with the fad...do you own something with giraffe print?
Gracie had a shirt with giraffes this summer. I had to have it for our zoo trip. (My friend says I dress her like a scrapbook page.) I don't have anything for myself though.
3. What color do you have the most of hanging in your closet?
I'd probably say blue. It's my favorite color.
4. In the spirit of all the candy that will fly around today...what is your favorite kind of candy?
I'll say Ghiaradelli milk chocolate with caramel inside.
5. Is your thumb green or are you a plant killer?
I am a plant killer. I teach my students all the things plants need, but normally when I have my own I forget to give them water.
6. Do you have a crazy pet story?
Boy do I!!! When I was in the 4th grade, I really wanted to walk our full grown Golden Retriever. This dog weighed about as much as I did at the time. My dad relented and let me take the dog for a walk. He made me wrap the leash around my wrist a couple of times. The dog basically walked me, but it was basically a successful walk until we rounded the corner and my dad called for Misty from down the street. Misty took off running and drug me on my stomach through a yard before I could get the leash unwrapped. I was covered in grass stain and my dad was having a great laugh.
7. Did you ever tight-roll your jeans?
8. Does your family read your blog?
Just my sister. I don't have a lot of readers.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Not unless my husband has it on and then I am not really watching.
2. Is the inside of your car clean or 'garbage dump filthy'?
Let's just say it looks like a toybox threw up in the back seat of my car.
3. Who is the next person in your family to have a birthday?
My sister's is November 19 and Gracie's is November 20. Lots of celebrating!
4. Do you wear glasses or contacts? (how old were you when it became necessary?)
I wear contacts. I first got glasses in 3rd grade and I have had some hideous ones. I started wearing contacts when I was 16.
5. What is your major form of exercise?
Chasing Gracie around. Not getting much otherwise. I really need to start.
6. What is something you could do to make your spouse's day easier today?
Change all diapers???
7. How much is gas where you are?
It is hovering around $2.50 here. Much better than $4.00!
8. What the furthest away from home that you've ever traveled?
I once spent a month on a mission trip in Brazil. The flight from New Jersey to Rio was about 9 hours.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
I dislike the negativity, stupidity, and campaign ads.
2. What is something your spouse could do to make you feel special?
I am with Tina on this one, plan a date, get the sitter, and just surprise me.
3. Do you complain at restaurants or do you just tip less?
I usually just tip less.
4. If you had it to do over again, would you choose the same wedding date you had?
Yes, I was ready to get married! I would have the temperature be a little warmer. It was 70 the day before we got married and about 40 the day we got married. Just one of the joys of a March wedding.
5. What kind of car do you drive?
I drive a paid for 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe. I would like to have a new one, but it works for now.
6. If you have siblings, are you close to them?
I have one sister and we are very close. I am blessed to have her. We talk many times a day and I can't think of the last time we went a day without talking. We each love the other's children like they are our very own.
7. Do you spend the same amount of money on each child at Christmas or just buy a certain number of gifts?
I only have one right now, but I am sure we will try to keep the money equal if it is feasible.
8. What phrase do you find yourself saying all the time?
"Follow directions, _____________" (Fill in the name of many of my students.)
Friday, October 10, 2008
Gracie being sweet or silly always makes me smile. A Mountain Dew sometimes helps.
2. Give one feature that could make or break the deal if you were shopping for a new home.
Garage, our next house must have one.
3. What's the craziest thing you've ever let your children eat for breakfast?
I can't think of anything, but my dad used to feed us Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies and sometimes Mountain Dew with it. I guess the word oatmeal was in the name.
4. If you are a 'watch what you eat' kind of person, share a meal or dish that makes it easier to diet.
I wish I watched what I ate better. I did just get a good marinade for pork tenderloin and let me say, it was delicious. I'd be happy to share.
5. Is there something you used to do as a child that you would never let your children do now?
On occasion I was aloud to walk around a store on my own. I would not let Gracie do this. It is a different world out there.
6. If you have a daughter, are her ears pierced? When did you allow it?
Gracie's are not. I will probably wait until she is interested and then guage my decision from that point. I want her to be responsible enough to take care of them.
7. Are you the only person in your house who changes the TP roll??
No, Eric and I do not share a bathroom, so he changes his and I change mine.
8. How old were you when you no longer lived with a parent(s) for the first time?
Technically, I was 16. My mom moved from the town where I went to high school when I was a junior. I had a lot of opportunities for college money if I stayed and continued participating in some activities, so I lived with a couple in my church for about a year and a half. Our family had a lot of issues at the time. After that, I never lived with my parents again. I did go on weekends and holidays during college.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I visited with friends, one I hadn't seen in quite a while. It was bittersweet. I enjoyed seeing her, but realized just how much I miss her being around. She has such a sweet spirit.
I celebrated my husband's birthday.
I transformed Gracie's room into her "big girl room". Including cleaning out clothes and toys for consignment.
I cleaned the house.
I cooked a couple of pretty good meals.
Most of all, I spent quality time with Gracie and Eric.
I am going to miss this when i get back to the grind next week.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
So here's my challenge to any scrapbooker, blogger, and blessed person I know...
Take Amanda's idea and run with it. Take one picture each day in November of something you are grateful for. Put it into a scrapbook layout or create a mini album. Then at the end of November, post a blog displaying your work. I would love to see this take off. Send your friends over to take the challenge. Leave me a comment to let me know if you plan to participate so I can check it out at the end of November.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Only occasionally when I am laughing really hard.
2. Do you have any idea why we don't sneeze in our sleep? Wild guess?
I have no clue.
3. Do you give much thought to astrology?
Not really but it is funny to read horoscopes sometimes. I fully believe that God is the only one who knows the future.
4. What is the most expensive thing you've purchased this year?
A new T.V. and boy does Handy Manny look good in Hi Def.
5. What kind of shampoo do you use? Loyally?
Fructis for color treated hair or now the generic. Not really loyal.
6. Whose music are you really diggin' right now?
Various country and Christian - I am not always great with who the artist is.
7. What is your favorite thing about the Fall?
Today is the last day of school before Fall Break, so I have to say FALL BREAK! I love when the leaves begin to change colors and we always have fun going to the Pumpkin Patch.
8. Do you have a GPS?
Yes and we love it. I have used it on vacations to scope out local scrapbook stores, much to Eric's dismay.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Thursday, August 7, 2008
I took the girls to Build-a-Bear. Gracie brought a monkey to life, complete with the same monkey sound she likes to make. Bailey created Elle (pronounced Ellie) the Elephant. Gracie wanted nothing to do with clothes for her monkey, while Bailey accessorized her elephant from head to toe (complete with a High School Musical messenger bag). I had a lot of fun seeing how both of the girls loved their finished product.
If you haven't done it, I reccomend it!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Taylina's Little Helper
One cute ponytail
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
The lawyer has known Eric's family for a long time and was very relaxed with Gracie in (all over) his office.
Check out our future lawyer...
"I'd be lost without my Blackberry."
"How do I get my e-mail on this thing?"
At the end of the day, it's all about the big, comfy chair!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
1. Shop (I desperately need work attire)
2. Finalize our wills (not fun, but important)
3. Spend time with Gracie (laughing, running, playing, coloring, maybe even venturing out to PlayDoh)
4. Scrapbook (I hope)
5. Spend time with Bailey
6. Take Gracie to Build a Bear
7. Entertain friends I haven't seen for a while
8. Start using the Wii Fit
9. Get the wig busted - haircuts (Gracie and me)
Be sure to take time to enjoy the last couple of weeks before your school starts!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
On Sunday afternoon, we went to the in-laws for an afternoon of swimming. Duke (their dog) went swimming with us for a few minutes, but when we had to close the gate to keep Gracie in, Duke was locked out. He decided to take his freshly groomed self down to the lake for a swim.
When he came back, he was one stinky mess. So he had to have a bath! What fun for my mini dog lover.
Granny got the shampoo and Papaw got Duke and the water hose. The bath began as Gracie stood by watching. All it took was the go ahead from Mom and she was "helping" with the bath and I was getting some cute scrapbooking material.
During the fun bath, Gracie leaned over and managed to get the dog shampoo in her hair. Now she is protected from shedding and fleas and ticks for at least a couple of weeks. : )
I love watching my Gracie have fun just being a kid. Someday I am sure she will bat those long eyelashes at her da da and ask for a dog of her own. Until then, we'll just have to convince her that Duke and Maggie are part hers.
Monday, July 21, 2008
So instead I am going to get on my teacher soapbox and tell you what I wish every parent in my class could know.
1. Treat your child's teacher as a professional who (just like you) wants the best for your student. (I understand there are some who may lose this respect, but hopefully that is the exception, not the rule.)
2. All children are capable of misbehaving. They have a choice and responsibility for their behavior. Don't automatically blame the teacher.
3. Volunteer - If you can't come in during the day because of work, ask if there is something you can take home and do.
4. Homework is not meant to ruin your life.
5. Don't disrespect the teacher in front of your child.
6. No more mugs. Find out what the teacher likes if you are going to give a gift. If you don't know, buy a gift for the classroom (i.e. books, book gift cards, supplies, etc.)
7. Never use the phrase, you work 7-3 and get 3 months off in the summer. It just isn't true!
8. Read the stuff we send home.
9. Send a note or word of encouragement if you see or something you like. If you are REALLY impressed with something, tell the administration.
10. Choose an appropriate bedtime.
11. Show interest in your kids work.
12. Read at home.